Caprioska Cocktail Hour | Life Love and Hiccups: Caprioska Cocktail Hour
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Caprioska Cocktail Hour

Pin It

If you ever walk through the front door of my house, the chances are the very first thing I would do is squeeze the bejeezus out of you in a big squishy hug and then very shortly thereafter i would shove one of these in your hands - a big fat Caprioska.

THIS is my drink of choice. THIS is my tonic and THIS is what I am generally referring to when I talk about needing a cup of coping cordial because the kids / husband / pushy lady at the deli counter / life etc etc has sent me spare crazy.

it is literally the perfect summer drink and I totally blame our Brazilian friend Marlos for getting me hooked on these a couple of years ago. But I hold no grudges against him, how could I? This drink is too damn good to even contemplate getting mad about.

It's not by any means a tricky drink to make and you really don't need any fancy equipment or measuring devices. There's a basic recipe to follow, but I'm more of a slap it in and see how it tastes kind of girl so if you like yours a little sweeter, just add more sugar, less of a sweet tooth then visa versa.


In a cocktail shaker or something like a mason jar with a tight lid, squeeze in your lime juice, chuck in your extra chopped up lime and sugar and muddle it all together with a pestle or the end of a rolling pin. 

When it is all syrupy add in your vodka, a huge whack of chunky crushed ice and give it all a mighty good shake.

In your glass layer some more ice and lime slices and then pour your cocktail mix over the top. Add a couple of straws and baby - you are good to go.

*Added Tip: Put your glass in the freezer to frost up a little whilst you are preparing your mix

Oh and just a heads up, these are a strong drink and they do kind of creep up on you and say BOO when you ;east expect it, so don't plan on driving anywhere in a hurry.

Cheers and enjoy lovelies :) xx


What's your fave cocktail or coping cordial of the moment? 
Come on tempt me - I have a very rubbery arm.